Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bring on the Cake


Hello my Stampin' friends!

I have a birthday card for you here today.  I wanted to use the some left over paper from one of my DSP packs from the holiday catalogue.  I love it because it doesn't at all say Christmas and it gave me a very different colour combo than I would have thought of - what a great way to get inspired, wouldn't you say?

I also knew that I wanted to use the Bring on the Cake stampset!  If you could only buy one birthday stampset, this is the one I would choose!  It has 13 stamps in it and it has many options for both the outside and inside greeting!  Perfect!

Here is my card.....


I started with a Smoky Slate card base - I LOVE this colour - then a layer of Island Indigo, then Pool Party.  The strip of leftover DSP makes it all match!   This is truly a combination that I wouldn't have come up with on my own but boy, do I love it!

I added some different sized Rhinestones scattered on the top and I added some mini Pearls to the 'fringe' on the cake plate that I stamped in Smokey Slate.  Here is a closer look....





I hope you like my card today, let me know what you think!

Happy Stampin'

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment