Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Mother's Day with Stained Glass Technique and SUO Challenge 121

Happy Wednesday friends!

I have another Mother's Day card for you and I decided to create it using the challenge happening over at SU Only Challenges #121.  The challenge is to make Mother's Day card or gift - perfect timing wouldn't you say?

I wanted to try something different and I wanted to dive into my unopened pack of Vellum Cardstock.  So I googled around to find some great techniques using vellum and I stumbled across this old site called Stamping 411 - can see their Vellum page here!  They made 3 lovely cards using some different techniques with vellum.  I loved their card so much that I used their colour cue too! 

I decided to do a 'lazy stained glass technique' - I don't really know if there is such a thing, so maybe I just created it!  lol

Instead of heat embossing, I decided to use my Staz On Inkpad to on one side of the vellum and then colour with my Stampin' Write Markers on the other.  I really liked the way it turned out, AND I didn't have to colour it perfectly either - another reason this could be called the 'lazy stained glass technique'.  

The stampsets I used for this card are the new Petal Potpourri Stampset, the Petite Petals Stampset and the Retired Delightful Dozen Stampset.  

The colours I used are Rose Red, Pear Pizzaz and Whisper White.  


Thank you for stopping by! 

Happy Stampin'

Tammy

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty- love the stained glass technique along with the other details! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you've had some fun with this lovely technique! So glad you joined in the chalenge at SUO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vellum is such a nice touch on this and I like how you colored the background! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete