Thursday, October 12, 2017

Fall Birthday Something to Celebrate


Hey there,

So glad you stopped by!  I decided to play along with the colour challenge over at The Paper Players as well as the sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I was looking for some inspiration to create a birthday card for my dad who lives all the way in New Brunswick!  I don't get to see him often, so I always like to make an extra special card to send. 

 

 
Aren't they fun!  I just had to use the colour challenge with some fall thinlits and stamps and the layout is perfect of showcasing some favourite cut outs.  

Here is the card I create with these as my inspiration....


I love the way this sketch allowed for a beautiful frame for this fall picture.  
 
I have to be honest, it was a little hard to just stick to the three colours - so I threw some Whisper White in there to assist.  But I do love how it turned out. 

The Patterned Pumpkins thinlits look fabulous in these colours.  I just can't get enough of this cute chubby cut-out pumpkin!  I see it everywhere!  I love the leafy thinlits in Crushed Curry and Early Espresso, perfectly fall. 

I even added one of the little swirly ques inside and tiny little pumpkin - don't forget to pretty up the inside.  It's a nice surprise for the person receiving it. 








https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx

Be sure to stop by and see all of the wonderful creations made with these challenges in mind.

Happy Stampin'

Tammy

8 comments:

  1. Awesome Birthday card! Loved how you used the colors....thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall card! Perfect autumn colors! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your die-cut pumpkins and they work beautifully with the layout, too. So glad you shared this fabulous card with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! Love those pumpkins and the rich fall colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete