Thursday, July 4, 2019

Blogging Friends Blog Hop

Image may contain: text
Hey there,

So glad you stopped by today.  It is time or another blog hop with my Blogging Friends!  This months theme is Summer Lovin'!  Totally love it!  It is finally starting to feel a lot like summer with hot temperatures here in Ontario.  But this theme totally makes me think of the movie Grease and John Travolta - I know I am making myself feel old.  But when I was a little girl, that movie was the best, at least in my eyes.  lol

Summer Lovin' (I can type this without singing the song from Grease) is a great theme for using a number of our new bundles and stampsets.  I chose to use the Sailing Home Bundle.

SAILING HOME BUNDLE 

I was commissioned to make several cards and one was for someone's birthday who love to scuba dive. This bundle was perfect!

Here is my card...



I used my favourite blue - Balmy Blue to get things started, I also used Night of Navy and Old Olive as my colours. Used my Aqua-painter and the ink pads to watercolour the background onto Watercolour paper.  Once dry I placed it on a layer of Old Olive and then onto the Balmy Blue cardbase.

I cut the two rope lengths and one of the layers of seaweed in Night of Navy, then one in Old Olive and one in Balmy Blue.  I also layered them in that order.

My greeting is stamped the greeting in Night of Navy and cut out using the beautiful stitched label in this set of dies.  I finished it off with a tiny Old Olive bow.

Don't forget to hop on through and see all of the creations made with my Grease theme song in mind - just kidding - Summer Lovin' theme.

Happy Stampin'

Tammy


12 comments:

  1. Tammy, your watercolor wash is so pretty!!! I love how you made the sea grass a focal point. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card, Tammy! The watercolor really sets off the sea grass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card, i'll have to give that watercolor another try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. It is really fun. You should give it a try.

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh soo pretty! Great way to use this set differently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep seaweed it is. I'm so glad i got that set, its so versatile. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card Tammy. I love this stamp set and especially the seaweed dies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! It is an awesome one for sure!

      Delete