Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Take me to the Sea!

Hello friends!

I have a fun card to share with you today.  It was one of the cards we recently created in my Bursho Techniques card class and it matches perfectly with the theme over at Global Design Project this week. 

 

A fun theme as we wind down summer, don't you think? 

So, you won't believe this, but before my Busho class last month, I hadn't tried it yet!  I know, right?  What was I thinking.  Here is the first of 3 cards that I made in preparation for the class.


I love how it turned out!  I tried 2 different Brusho techniques with this card.  The first is for the water, or shall I say sea.....  I first sprinkled the brilliant blue Bursho onto the bottom third of the watercolour cardstock.  Then I spritzed water using one of our spritzers and sprayed it away from me to keep the colour at the bottom of the page.  LOVE it!


The second technique I used on this card was adding the Brusho directly onto the swirly circle, then adding water again using a spritzer directly onto the swirly circle and then stamped.  Admittedly, I did do this a couple of times to get the amount of colour I was wanting, but during class, my attendees only had to do it once as there was residue from the stamper before them.  

I set it aside and gave time for the colour to set and the paper to dry before I stamped my sailboat and sentiment and added my 'waves'.  I hope you like how it turned out and maybe inspired you to try some Busho on your next card.

Thank you for joining me.  Be sure to stop on over to Global Design Project to see all of the creations that were created with this challenge in mind.

Happy Stampin'

Tammy


August promotions below

https://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Promotions/NA/2018/Bonus%20Days/08.01.18_BONUS-DAYS_SHAREABLE-IMAGE_CA.jpg

For every $60 (on a single order, price before shipping and tax) you spend between August 1 – 31, you’ll earn a $6.00 Bonus Days coupon that you can redeem between September 1 -30, 2018.  Full details here.

 


ORDER AN EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED-TIME BUNDLE!  AUGUST 1-31 ONLY!

  • Order the Color Your Season exclusive, limited-time bundle between August 1 and 31 (while supplies last).   Earn Bonus Day coupons!  
  • IMPORTANT!  All exclusive items associated with this promotion will be available until August 31 (or while supplies last).



No comments:

Post a Comment