Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Friday Mashup Valentine's Style! FM143

Well, hi there!



Thank you for stopping by!  I have started on my valentine's day cards early this year and what better way to get the old creative juices flowing, other than to participate in a great challenge!



Over at the The Friday Mashup, they had a really great picture to do just that.   Be sure to stop over and see all of the great projects people have created, simply by using the challenge!



The picture inspired me to create a bit of a rustic looking card - I have been waiting for a great opportunity to use my burlap ribbon and this was it - honestly, I don't know what I was waiting for it is amazing!




The challenge asked for hearts and arrows, but I didn't have any arrows, so I settled for just hearts and I just love the 'hand drawn' look of this one from the Hearts a Flutter set - thought it fit the rustic theme perfectly


Here is my card.  Let me know what you think!



The supplies I used are....

Crumb Cake Cardstock
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Cherry Cobbler Chevron DSP
Cherry Cobbler Ink
Early Espresso Ink
Woodgrain Stamp
Seasonal Sayings Stamp Set
Burlap Ribbon
Hemp Twine
Button
Owl Builder Punch (heart)

Happy Stampin'

Tammy



6 comments:

  1. Tammy, I think you card is fantastic. I love how you gave it the rustic feel to go along with the photo we provided! Great job!

    Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avery! I really loved the picture and I had fun playing along. Glad you liked the card!

      Delete
  2. I agree, the hand-drawn hearts from Hearts a Flutter are perfect with your rustic, burlap ribbon. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! I am really glad you liked my card! Playing along was realy fun.

      Delete
  3. This is so cute.. I love the Hearts and your sentiment image. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly! Glad you liked my card! I enjoyed playing along!

      Delete