Sunday, September 20, 2015

Stampin' Celebration Challenge.

Hey there, glad you stopped by, because....


It's Stampin' Celebration Challenge time and we have a great sketch for you!  Have you joined my blog from there?  If not you HAVE to stop in there to check out the great inspiration and the details of the challenge.  But first, here is the sketch......

 
Fun, isn't it?  I love the nice big shape in the center of the card!  I knew right away what I wanted to make and who I wanted to make it for - a giant flower for one of my best friends.  Here is my card....



I was trying for a giant sunflower - how did I do?  I do love how this card turned out even if it isn't quite a sunflower.   lol

I used my Floral Frames Collection to create the two largest flower petals as well as the flower center and I used the Flower Medallion Punch to create the smallest round of petals. 

To add more detail and dimension to my flower, I embossed the center of the flower and I sponged all the petals edges.

For my card colours I used a Sahara Sand card base with a layer of Early Espresso and then a layer of Woodgrain DSP - there are some nice ones in the DSP packages available in the new Holiday Catalogue.  My flower was cut from Hello Honey and sponged in the same colour, and the flower center is cut from Early Espresso. 

My greeting can be found in the And Many More stampset, an awesome set to have in your collection - so many occasions to choose from!

I added some burlap ribbon for behind my flower.  A perfect accent to the sunflower - totally reminds me of fall.

Here is another look at my card.  Please be sure to join us for our challenge at Stampin Celebration Challenge!






Happy Stampin'

Tammy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment