Sunday, October 1, 2017

Thankful with Freshly Made Sketches

Hey there,

Happy Monday.  I hope you had a good weekend.  This weekend was fun for me as I was able to participate in one of our award wining local festivities called Small Halls Festival.  My local community hall had a wonderful harvest market on Saturday where I had fun selling my handmade cards. 
 

While there I was asked to create a very special thank you card for one of our local teachers to give to a special friend.  She loved a wine bottle tag that was on my table and asked me to create a card just like it - SO I am going to CASE myself!  


BUT, I wanted some help with my layout and Freshly Made Sketches has the perfect layout, so I thought I would play along.  

http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.ca/ 
Here is the card I created.

 I love the image from the Happy Scenes Stampset and was happy to use the Stitched Shapes Thinlits to cut it out.  I also used the Layering Circles Thinlits to add a scalloped orange frame around it.  

One further request was to add an acorn to the card. I dug deep into my stash and found some retired wood embellishments.  

Here are the two side by side.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to stop on over to Freshly Made Sketches to see all of the wonderful creations made with this sketch in mind.

Happy Stampin'

Tammy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! And I love the sweet little wooden embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both wonderful! Love your fall scene and the great wood background. So glad you joined us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete