Friday, March 1, 2019

Blogging Friends Blog Hop

Image may contain: text 

 Hey there stampers.  It is March first and I couldn't be more happy!

First, it is blog hop day and second, I have been sick the entire month of February - so I am happy to see it end! To celebrate the beginning of March, our blog hop theme is April Showers.  I love the inspiration photo Rick has provided for us this month.

I decided to focus on the pretty flowers in the top right picture.  I wanted to capture the flowers and the colours in my card.  

To do this I used my Forever Lovely Bundle.  I have seen this used so much with red colours for valentines, but haven't seen it used with spring colours.  Thought I would give it a try. 

We have been having the most wicked winter weather with roads closed, schools closed and my work even closed - those are the best days to just play all day in your craft space - no guilt!

While playing with the bundle, I made some 'mistakes' that I turned into an alternate card.  So sharing them both with you.


I used the colours Melon Mambo, Grapefruit Grove, Old Olive and Balmy Blue.  Nice spring colours on this very wintery day.  The first card is my 'mistake card', but to tell you the truth, I liked how it turned out.  Can you spot the difference?


I started by stamping that beautiful garland of flowers at the bottom and yep, stamped it upside down.  I didn't realize it until I cut the top layer with the coordinating framelits, so went with it and placed the negative edge around them instead.


I love the layer, even if it isn't how it was intended.


I stamped six large flowers, three each in Melon Mambo and Grapefruit Grove and three for each card.  I then cut them with the framelits.  I also cut several of the little leaves and foliage in different colours to add behind the flowers as well as those cute little flowers to fill in some of that white space.  My greeting was stamped directly on the top layer - one in Melon and one in Grapefruit.


Here is the second card, done the correct way.  lol.  I like it too, maybe even a bit more. 


I love the peekaboo effect, looks more dainty.  I couldn't resist using the corner detail framelit on these either - there are so many super cute framelits in this collection.  A must have for sure! 


As always finished it off with a bow! and some pearls in the center of those little pink flowers.


Which one is your favourite?  Hard to choose.  

Be sure to hop all the way through and see all of the wonderful creations with this theme in mind. 

Happy Stampin'

Tammy


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Tammy! I hope you feel better soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is soo sweet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your cards and the colour combinations you have chosen. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinks and Purples speak to my heart in Nature. These cards say spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for showing both color options - such a lovely design to inspire our stampers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! I love it when 'mistakes' work out.

      Delete