Friday, August 17, 2018

TGIF!


Hey there,

So glad you could stop by today - TGIF!  I am SO happy it is Friday.

AND, TGIF Challenges has a wonderful challenge to play along with today to celebrate the end of the week.  Here is their challenge sketch.  

 
Ahh, summer days. I have a love/hate relationship with them.  Yes, you read that right.  I love summer!  I love the activities of summer, I love the heat, I love the casualness of them, but, I love when they come to an end.  I have three boys and whether we like to admit it or not, we love routine and structure.  So, I will be happy to have regular bed times, cozy nights and comfort meals when fall arrives.

But first, let's enjoy the season and this week's challenge at TGIF is doing just that.  I love that rainbow umbrella and that beach scene. The umbrella is the inspiration in these cards.

 I recently had a techniques class using Brusho - my class attendees loved it.  These cards are the two samples I had for them both made using the same technique.  My goal was to show how different they can look, even when you do things the same.  I like them both, but my favourite is on the right.

 For these cards, I first heat embossed the flower three times using Whisper White embossing powder.  Then I added water to my the bottom third of the page using my aquapainter to keep the water controlled. You want to start with a lot of colour on your paper.   I then sprinkled my Bursho powder ink and moved the colour around using my aquapainter.  

 I repeated that process three times for each colour.  Then, I added some water and bursho to a clearblock to get some concentrated colour.  I used my aquapainter to add the more concentrated colour inside each of the flowers.   I wanted them to stand out a bit from the colour wash to the side.  

Finally, I fussy cut around the right edge to have more of the black card base showing for contrast.  These cards totally remind me of the beach!  Which card do you like better?

To see another card we made using 2 other Bursho techniques, click here

Don't forget to hop back over to TGIF Challenges to see all of the projects created with this challenge in mind.

Happy Stampin'

Tammy

August promotions below

https://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Promotions/NA/2018/Bonus%20Days/08.01.18_BONUS-DAYS_SHAREABLE-IMAGE_CA.jpg

For every $60 (on a single order, price before shipping and tax) you spend between August 1 – 31, you’ll earn a $6.00 Bonus Days coupon that you can redeem between September 1 -30, 2018.  Full details here.

 


ORDER AN EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED-TIME BUNDLE!  AUGUST 1-31 ONLY!
  • Order the Color Your Season exclusive, limited-time bundle between August 1 and 31 (while supplies last).   Earn Bonus Day coupons!  
  • IMPORTANT!  All exclusive items associated with this promotion will be available until August 31 (or while supplies last).



No comments:

Post a Comment