Monday, August 20, 2018

Turn Lemons into Oranges?

Happy Monday stampers,

I have a super cute card to share with you today.  I wanted to share it with the folks over at The Paper Players - they have a fun challenge today called Fruits and Veggies!



I wanted to create card using some fun summer like colours and I wanted to use my Lemon Zest stampset for something a little different - how about some grapefruit and oranges!  Here is my card....


I started with a Pumpkin Pie card base, then layered a Melon Mambo and then added a layer of Whisper white.  I stamped my greeting directly onto the Whisper White Melon Mambo.  

I stamped my 'oranges' and 'grapefruits' on a separate piece of Whisper White and punched each one out using the 2" Circle Punch. The lighter and darker of each colour was stamped using first and second generation ink.  So, the darker image was stamped directly after inking up my stamp and then the lighter image was stamped onto a scrap of paper, then onto my Whisper White cardstock, giving a lighter image.  

I attached the two layers and then wrapped my twine.  I attached three of the fruit directly to the Whisper white and then popped the forth up on dimensionals.  

Finally, I added a bow and attached it to the twine with a glue dot.

Thank you for stopping by.  Be sure to visit The Paper Players to see all of the projects that were created using this challenge.

Happy Stampin'

Tammy


6 comments:

  1. Tammy your oranges and grapefruits look mouthwateringly delicious - I could just eat those for breakfast! Thank you for joining us over at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Joanne! This was a fun card to create. I love the challenge this week.

      Delete
  2. Tammy, this looks so pretty in summer shades! Grapefruit and oranges are two of my favorites! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete