Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Cupcakes for the Paper Players

Hey there,

Happy end of pumpkin season to everyone!  Are you ready for Halloween, I think the Gill house is.  Decorations, check, visit to the pumpkin patch, check, costumes ready, check, pumpkins carved, check, candy bought, check!  It is a busy, but fun time for sure.


With all that fun ready to be had, I thought I would join in with The Paper Players to play along with their sketch challenge this week!  I LOVE sketch challenges.  They really help those creative blocks that can sometimes happen.  Here is their sketch.


I thought I would pull out an old favourite of mine, perfect for any kind of celebration card, Cupcakes!  It was a Sale-a-bration stampset that was a huge sucess last year and what made it even better, they came out with coordinating framelits!!!  LOVE a cake stand that will match a big delicious cupcake.

I haven't used a lot of purples lately, and thought I would be all in for a purple card.  I was asked to create a female birthday card and thought cupcakes and purple would fit the bill.


I used Highland Heather and Georgous Grape. I added some white to and grey to break it all up and give a nice contrast.  I love how it all came together and really quick thanks to this sketch challenge.

Be sure to stop on over to The Paper Players to see all of the wonderful creations made with this sketch!

Happy Stampin'

Tammy


Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, text

If you live in Canada, I would love to be you demonstrator!  For every order placed in my on-line store, I will forward an exclusive Tutorial Bundle created by 8 wonderfully talented demonstrators from around the world!

Love Stampin'UP! and want to take advantage of an amazing discount, join my team and get a new tutorial bundle for free each month!


6 comments:

  1. Love your mix of purples..my fav color! Awesome how you put the cupcake on the stand! Sweet! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color choices, Tammy! Yep...you are so right...cupcakes are perfect for any celebration! I love how you placed this yummy purple one on the cake stand. Thank you for playing in my sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy-looking cupcake! Love the gingham background, it adds a homespun feel to your creation! Thanks for playing with our Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeAnne! I am just loving the gingham in every colour these days.

      Delete